Thursday, February 23, 2012

Welcome to New Zealand



We had a night on the main island of Fiji, close to the airport, but it could have been closer.  I wanted place on the beach but by the time we got there and had to get up at 5:45 A.M., we never saw the beach.  I should have just picked a hotel close to the airport!

It was a 3 hour flight to Auckland and we arrived at 1:40 P.M.  The driver, who met us, gave us a tour of the city on the way here with a running commentary about Auckland so we enjoyed that.  It had been raining but stopped after we were checked in and ready to go for a walk.  We had dinner at a wonderful seafood restaurant near where we are staying.  

We have tomorrow here and then pick-up our rental car Sat. AM.

2 comments:

  1. I think I am finally back into your Blog, so I have some catch-up to do.
    if I'm lucky, this post will even work.
    xxoo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying the blog. Looking forward to hearing all about New Zealand. Happy 40th Anniversary to you both!!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete