Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fijian Farewell



We will hate to leave Tokoriki as we have had a wonderful week here.  We are well rested, adjusted to the time change and ready for our adventure in New Zealand.

On our last full day we arrived back at our room late in the afternoon to find “Happy 40th Wedding  we registered, they asked the reason for our visit to Tokoriki.  I said we were celebrating our 40th anniversary this year.  That evening at dinner they had a special table for us with an orchid on it and they brought us a cake and they sang a special song.  It really was quite hilarious because if you read the words you would think we were in our 80’s.  But all in all it was a very nice touch.

There was a spa at the resort and Lois convinced me to go have a pedicure to “clean my feet up”.  It turned out to be quite a hilarious experience but I won’t waste space in this blog explaining why.  You can ask me when we get back.

As we left 13 of the staff sang us the Tokoriki farewell song and then the large Fijian male carried Lois across the sand to the boat – the same way she arrived.  I got a picture this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment